Poker Blog of a Young Poker Guru

Not old enough to be legal, but old enough to be a gambler. The musings of your average everyday high school poker player/student.

Friday, June 11, 2004

Playing On Party...Can It Get Any Better?

It's been awhile since I've posted, but then there hasn't been MUCH poker action recently. I split a $160 kitty with a friend one night, and I got $30 from my friend who won a tournament that I hosted. Other than that, all the poker that I've played have been small wins here and there, enough to pay for poker/gas/girlfriend (whom I love spending my money on!)

I recently graduated, and thus had a graduation party. Only family came for the most part, but I had no problems with this as I don't really like huge gatherings. I always feel like I must appease everyone, even the people I don't like. Nonetheless, I had family over and, like most high school graduates, received a nice sum of money. I finally opened my own checking account, hoping to get an account on Party. Turns out, I'm not allowed to get a VISA type checking account, so I can only use my debit card at the ATM's. This means that I can't make a deposit into Party because I don't have the 3 digit security code. Such is that. I then asked my friend if he'd make a deposit for me with his debit card. I gave him the money, and he came and did it for me.

I was so ecstatic, that the moment he left, I started playing. I started at 11:30 p.m. I was at 1 .5/1 table, and was down for about 15 minutes. I then dragged down my first big pot, around $17, and didn't look back. I proceeded to up my bankroll to $130, which I eventually started sitting on 2 .5/1 tables, and was raking in the dough. I played until around 6 a.m., where my bankroll had finally settled down to around $110. I had started to play very badly, what with opening my starting hands to some very bad ones, and proceeding to go on tilt after a couple of bad beats (especially runner runner for quad queens).

My life is starting to settle down. I bought my girlfriend a "promise" ring. I have been wanting to buy her a ring for a long time, but I finally knew that the time was right and purchased her a nice 3 diamond ring. I'm going to college at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh on July 8. That's the move-in date. I'm pretty excited. The other day, I was on Ohio State University's campus, and I was on the main college street, and I just loved the atmosphere. I know I'm going to love my college even more, because it's in the deep heart of Pittsburgh, among all the hustle and bustle. I'm going to keep more detailed accounts on my poker playing starting tonight, so please stay tuned for my further posts.

As always, drop me a line whenever you want. I love e-mailing back and forth with people, but have few clientele: picktownrugby2@yahoo.com .

At the moment, I'm listening to Michael Jackson - Billie Jean.

8 Comments:

At June 29, 2004 at 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there!
Found your blog through another one.

Congrats on the ring and the great poker!
I've found so many great poker blogs lately!

(Hosting my first flesh and blood tourney this weekend!)

Take care, I'll check back soon.
Doug - http://www.dougmeade.com

 
At August 23, 2005 at 6:58 PM, Blogger csage said...

Hey Young Poker 2,

We know you are a fan of Card Player Magazine. Could you let your readers know about the upcoming Card Player Collegiate Open Championship. The info is below.

I will link your blog onto our blog news site. www.uscollegiatepokerleague.blogspot.com

Thanks
Craig

PRESS RELEASE:
2005 CARD PLAYER COLLEGIATE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Colleges around the country will compete in the Biggest, Baddest, Meanest Poker Brawl of 2005 to decide the best college Texas Hold’em player in the country.

The US Collegiate Poker League is producing this school vs. school battle that begins November 12th. Full Tilt Poker will host the first two elimination rounds online. The National Nine finalists will then be whisked away for a final showdown live in Las Vegas! The event will be taped for national television for broadcast in the spring.

The prizes include a $5000 WSOP seat, scholarships, a gold championship bracelet, Palm Tree Computer laptop, and much more. For additional information and to get up on game visit: http://www.uscollegiatepokerleague.com/ or http://www.getupongame.com/.

--

 
At October 19, 2005 at 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

 
At October 28, 2005 at 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think that could give you some Search Engine popularity, and traffic???

 
At October 30, 2005 at 11:31 AM, Blogger WDM Info Services said...

Your Blog is Awesome, blog search engine is the easiest way to get your blog read by more people.

blog search engine has always been my thing

 
At November 6, 2005 at 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last month I made $12,124 with Google Adsense...Click
here for free on how you can do the same!

 
At March 9, 2006 at 11:55 AM, Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
loans center
It covers loans center related subjects.
Have a great day!

 
At April 4, 2006 at 1:37 AM, Anonymous Scott Arthur Edwards said...

The brand NEW! Safelist Autosubmission software XP - blasts your ads to 3.6 Million Safelist recipients at the click of one button.

Automatic-Mailer XP! - 50,000 hits guaranteed to your website every month! - Posts unlimited number of ads - Create unlimited number of profiles - Posts whenever you want! 24/7 - Schedule autosubmission when you are not at home - Sends Html & Text Advertisements.

Order today. Our Software also includes: - Autovalidation feature that automatically validates all your Safelists validation codes - mailbox cleaner feature that automatically keeps your mailboxes clean!

NOW That's an incredible Deal, isn't it? Get Your Astonishing Automatic - Mailer XP Software today!
Click here: AUTO-MAILER

 

Post a Comment

<< Home